|Swim School Policies||Kid Kare Babysitting|
|Proselytization||JCA Member Code of Conduct|
Members may bring only two guests at a time (except for families bringing families) with no more than three visits in a calendar year. Guests must be accompanied by a member in good standing. Children who are guests must have an adult present to sign a waiver and be chaperoned by an adult if under 10. All guest passes must be purchased at the Reception Desk. Saturday guest passes must be purchased in advance. All guests must have guest passes. All visitors must present a photo ID.
Guest Pass fees:
Children & Teens ages 5 – 18 years: $4
The following policies are made to ensure the safety of all JCA members:
• Children 9 years old and under must be supervised by an adult while at the JCA. Children must be brought to and picked up from class, babysitting or childcare by an adult or escorted by an older sibling (age 10+) with written parental permission.
• Children who are 10 years old are issued membership cards. All members ages 10 and over entering the JCA must present a membership card.
• Children ages 10 and up may be unaccompanied by an adult in the JCA except for the fitness area where children must be 13 years old to enter. They are asked to “hang out” in the game room area of the P.E. department, where they may take advantage of the many activities the JCA has to offer. The lobby area, hallways, other rooms and the courtyard in the JCA are not appropriate spaces.
It should be understood that the JCA cannot be held responsible for its members age 10 and over attending the JCA and not enrolled in an organized activity. In addition, children ages 10 and up are expected to behave in a mature manner when in the building without parental supervision. Behavior that is disruptive and/or harmful to themselves or others may result in the suspension of independent privileges.
Swim Assessment Policy
All children 12 and under will now be required to complete a swimming skills assessment and will then be assigned a swim neck band based on the strength of their swimming ability. These bands will assist our certified lifeguards in keeping our inexperienced swimmers safe.
Children must complete a 25-yard swim (without touching the bottom of the pool, grabbing the lane rope, floating on their back, or requiring assistance) on their front (freestyle, breaststroke, etc.) and tread water for 45 seconds. If they pass the test they are permitted to swim without flotation and receive a yellow neck band.
Swimmers who do not complete the test will receive a red neck band and will be required to wear a life jacket, have a parent/guardian in the water within arm’s reach or choose not to swim. The JCA will supply neckbands to each child. These bands are to be kept and brought to the pool each time to swim. Replacement bands are available for $5 each.
Swim School Policies
• PARENT MUST BE ON SITE at JCA.
• Parent must sign child in and out.
• Kid Kare service is for a maximum of two hours.
• Child must be clean and in good health. Parents must notify staff of any allergies or medical conditions.
• The staff is not responsible for hand feeding children. (This does not pertain to infants requiring a bottle.)
• Kid Kare service is available for healthy JCA members only ages 3 months to 9 years old. In the event a child needs additional attention (excessive misbehavior, crying), the parent will be notified immediately to retrieve the child from the program.
• Items needed by the child will be provided by the parent, such as age-appropriate snacks (no popcorn), drinks, diapers, wipes, etc.
• The program will be staffed according to the reservations made. Reservations may be made up to two days in advance. You may be denied space without a reservation.
Sun./9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Mon., Tues., Wed. & Thurs./8:30 - 11:45 a.m. & 4:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Fri./8:30 - 11:45 a.m.
No Kid Kare service on Saturday
Free to JCA members only
The JCA is dedicated to the enhancement of Jewish identity and the continuity of Jewish life. A person or persons’ act of proselytizing or teaching of non-Jewish principles in an attempt to convert members or guests is prohibited, and persons engaging in proselytizing will be required to leave the building and grounds.
The JCA is a kosher facility. Therefore, no deliveries of food of any kind for members from take-out restaurants will be accepted. Food brought into the building from home, outside of a JCA program or preschool, must be consumed either in the courtyard or in the outdoor pool area. Thank you for your cooperation.
For your safety and welfare, you must evacuate the building when the fire alarm sounds. You will be notified by JCA personnel when it is safe to return to the facility. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Class Payments and Refunds
All class and program fees must be paid before the beginning of the class. For one-time programs or classes, no refunds will be granted.
• 50% refund after first class
• 25% refund after second class
• No refund after third class
(excludes childcare tuition and summer camp programs)
Cancellations for Personal Training, Private Tennis and Swim Instruction
All participants registered for private tennis, swim or personal training sessions, must give at least a 24-hour notice of cancellation for already scheduled sessions. Failure to properly cancel will result in a charge for that session at the established fee.
Please note that a $30 service fee will be assessed for all returned checks.
JCA members are valued and will always receive priority registration.
By completing registration for a JCA program, service, event or activity you are releasing the JCA, its officers, directors, employees, agents, contract instructors, any of its program participants, equipment and facilities, donor and providers from any and all responsibility or liability to you, your children/any children you are responsible for from injuries that may be sustained while participating in or traveling to or from any program of the JCA or doing any exercise program.
By completing registration for a JCA program, service, event or activity you recognize that the JCA is a non-profit organization with respect to all services and activities provided by the JCA.
By completing registration for a JCA program, service, event or activity you permit the free use of your name/the names listen on the application and pictures in broadcasts, newspapers, brochures and any other form of communications to which such use may be applied.
The Jewish Community Alliance has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for our site: jcajax.org.
Information Automatically Logged
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website.
Collection of Personal Information
Any personal information collected via forms on our website (i.e. membership, program registration, event reservation, etc.) is for our internal use only. This information is encrypted and stored in a secure database. We will not share your personal information with any third parties.
Our site contains links to other sites. The JCA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Our site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Our site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and/or alteration of the information under our control.
Our site does not collect information from children and therefore does not offer parents access to this information as outlined in the Online Privacy Protection Act guidelines.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of our site, or your dealings with our site, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.